Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Williams sisters




The Barclay's Dubai World Tennis Championship is on these days and I got the opportunity to go for the player's party (women) today. It was a quiet affair and I was lucky to get pictures of Venus and Serena Williams. I was hoping to get to photograph Anna Ivanovic and Sania Mirza too but they had not come in till I left.
I am not much of a fan of the Williams sisters. Somehow I miss the grace that Steffi Graf brought to the game, something which I think Anna Ivanovic does now. Just an hour or so before the party Serena won a thrilling match against Italy's Sara Errani.
Although I did not recognize most of them, it was nice to see the players chill, get some henna applied and enjoy the belly dancing. Serena Williams left the venue at the same time as I did and I saw her dance to the music as she walked, a light-hearted side of her we don't get to watch too often.

2 comments:

Subhadip said...

Hey... that's nice. This morning, I saw a picture of Ana Ivanovic with a falcon in Times of India. Guess it was the same falcon.

Hope all the controversy (with Shahar Peer / Andy Ram) is resolved.

Kanchan said...

Yup...must be the same falcon :) Don't know the latest on the controversy since the media here is underplaying it. Hey was hoping to get a comment from you on the driving post (one below) - it's an attempt at writing in a lighter vein. Let me know what you think...