Sunday, April 18, 2010

Suspicious Minds

I was in a bit of a pickle last week when a colleague's wife called me to keep an eye on her husband. They’ve been married just 6 months and she suspects him of hiding something from her. Apparently when with her, he avoids calls from one particular number and if she asks him anything about it he gets irritated. My job was to find out more since her instincts tell her that he is up to some mischief. Of course I wriggled my way out of this assignment but could not help thinking of Elvis Presley’s song Suspicious Minds -
We can't go on together

With suspicious minds
and we can't build our dreams
On suspicious minds

As an aside, and also based on some experiences I have had in the past I wonder what it is with men? Is it so difficult to be loyal to one person?

3 comments:

Butterfly said...

I feel that even when the men are loyal to one person, its the women who create their own suspicions. I mean, they are just a bit too suspicious at times...Probably, its their suspicions which irritate men...There are exceptions,of course!

Kanchan said...

Hi Butterfly,
You have a point there but then here it is a case of trusting your instinct....sometimes you just know that something is not right and that makes suspicions arise.

Subhadip said...

I wouldn't know :)