Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Talk about having your pulse on the city....

Heard it on the radio today that select theatres in the U.A.E. are going to telecast IPL matches live this season. I wonder if this is already being done in cities of India. I think it's a great initiative and will take the IPL fever in Dubai to greater heights. Talk about having your pulse on the city - I wouldn't mind going to the cinema hall to watch the finals on the big screen. Wonder if it would be an ad-free transmission...

4 comments:

Subhadip said...

Yes, it's a great initiative. It is also something that is happening in India - many multiplexes are showing IPL matches live. Although I don't know if they are ad free; I have never gone and watched them myself. Are you a fan of any IPL team?

Kanchan said...

No..I don't follow the IPL though I don't mind watching the last two overs or so of a match, but I like the fervour IPL creates - it's festive and like a month long party!
I think Mumbi Indians is my favourite team purely because of my love for the city :)

Butterfly said...

Yes, at the multiplexes, the IPL matches are ad-free. I have never gone to the theatres to watch them but on IPLT20.com, they say that the matches are ad-free in theatres.
By the way, I have a vehement hatred for Mumbai Indians because I'm not at all a fan of Sachin. I obviously support Kolkata Knight Riders, though they have always been one of the worst teams in IPL. What to do? Kolkata is my city!:-)

Kanchan said...

You are the only person I know who does not like Sachin! Love your passion for your city though...