Monday, August 17, 2009

My new car

Since my blog and the one and a half people who follow it have witnessed my transition from a nervous trying-to-learn-to-drive person to one who finally got her license in Dubai it seems only fitting that I post the pictures of my car on it. It's a Peugeot 207. It's my first big purchase ever but what makes it special is that it is a symbol of my success in overcoming a deep rooted fear. Now that I have been driving to and fro work for more than a fortnight, that too on a busy road like Sheikh Zayed road, I can confidently say that the only way to overcome fear is to attack it - persistently and to give yourself loads of positive reinforcement.

6 comments:

Swapnali said...

Hi Kanchan,
I was missing your updates. Thanks and congratulations!

Subhadip said...

That's wonderful! Congrats :)

Now tell me if I am the "one person" or the "half person" who follows your blog? ;)

Butterfly said...

Congrats! The car looks cool. :-)

Kanchan said...

Thanks Swapnali! Somehow I just don't seem to be able to write these days. The ideas are there but the words do not seem to flow out. A phase I guess....

Bohemian - You most certainly are the 'one person' who follows my blog religiously :)

Thanks Butterfly :)

Rafal Anders said...

hey:)

It was just a case i found this blog, i was rather looking for bouncing board videos from gym ;]

but i have read your topic about your new car, which is very nice.
Why i'm writing this post is that in my country we heard that in Dubai you all have automatic gears so your driveing licence looks like driving 200 meteres and that's it. You passed!

But I guess it's not true. Just a silly joke ;-D

good luck! :)

Kanchan said...

Hey Rafal,
I'm delighted to get a comment from someone other than my regular friends. Believe me I have driven about 200 kms and only then got my license :) Yeah...I'm glad it's an automatic car, I would've never got my license on a manual :)