Tuesday, October 9, 2012

RIP Bala

Today happens to be the birthday of an ex-colleague of mine. His name was Balakrishna and we were at Reliance Communications back in 2007, when I had a short stint with Reliance just before moving to Dubai. Earlier this year I learnt that Bala died of a massive heart attack. The news was shocking and unbelievable because Bala was not even forty, but I guess I eventually came to terms with it so much so that I even forgot about it.
When I logged in to Facebook this morning I got the notification reminding me that it's Bala's birthday. It was a weird feeling. It's as if the person were still alive even though you know that he is not. Another colleague had wished him on his wall and I figured that she had no clue that Bala was no more. So I wrote to her and she was as shocked as I was when I had first heard the news. She then went on to say that she is taking a break from work because she's expecting her first baby in January. And then it hit me, yet again...the beauty....the cruelty (depending on how you look at it) of the universe...the continuity of the cycle of birth and death. I informed one person about the death of another and she told me that she was going to give birth soon. It's fascinating, mysterious and beautiful at the same time, isn't it?

No comments: