Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Change

While we all know that change is the only constant in life I wonder how many of us stop and make note of the changes that happen in our life/routine/appearance/relationships in a very subtle manner but on an almost day-to-day basis.
The last few months have been hectic, to say the least, and the weekends are packed with household chores and social obligations. We attended two birthday parties (of two toddlers) over the last couple of months and realized that even the kind of social do’s we attend now are different from the kind of social commitments we had earlier. The demands on my time these days, due to the Arabic classes I attend after work, means that there is no time for exercise and I can feel the inches I am gaining, as much as I hate to admit it publicly.
I arrived in Dubai on May 16th last year and was totally lost in this city and was wondering if I would ever be comfortable here. But one year down the line this place feels like home.
We are expecting a new recruit to join our department today. She was made redundant, four months ago, from her earlier place of work and has been fortunate enough to get this job and today is a new beginning for her.
The point I’m trying to make is that circumstances change and the best thing to do is to go with the flow. Good things happen and then there are bad phases followed again by good times.
The last few evenings have been pleasant for this time of the year and I was telling my husband that I would give anything to have this weather stay and he said so casually that it must change, it is normal for the weather to change and that’s what got me thinking about how much changes around us constantly and we do not even realize it.

5 comments:

Swapnali said...

So very true!

Anuradha said...

As they say..'Change is the only constant factor in life ' ..

Subhadip said...

That's life, I guess - changes, good changes, bad changes, "Change - you can believe in", Unbelievable changes...

Kanchan said...

Took part in a wonderful Pranic Healing retreat over the weekend in which we were reminded of the three laws of life -
Law of Change
Law of Cycle
Law of Consequence

Tej said...

I cudn't agree more! The phase that I am in...its "constant change"...every hour u feel something new...new pangs..new fears..new excitement n new emotions. But I guess its also change that keeps us going n expecting the unexpected! Life wud be so dull n mundane if it were a routine!