Sunday, May 31, 2009

Driving license and more.....

I finally passed my driving test last Monday, in my third attempt, and am now the proud owner of a Dubai driving license. It is the talking point of my life these days - how I drove beautifully in those seven minutes of my test and how polite and patient the examiner was etc. It is all a matter of luck, I guess. The biggest challenge is to actually drive on a day to day basis and to gain confidence on the roads. Somehow my brains seem to go on a walk when I drive and I manage to get honked at even when there are only two cars on the road out of which I am one.

As I write this I am reminded of what my younger sister had said to me a couple of years ago. I don't remember what we were talking about - probably about learning swimming or some such thing and she said "Everything needs practice, except failure"

I hope to write another post soon on how much I am enjoying driving in Dubai. The traffic laws are strict and hence there is much more discipline on the roads here than I have witnessed back home in Mumbai or Pune. So this is probably the best time and place for me to perfect my driving skills.

So beware the roads/people of Dubai.....here I come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulation !!
Awaiting to hear about all ur driving adventure :).

Peshdad

Subhadip said...

Congrats. Couldn't help but think about your previous post on driving lessons.
"Everything needs practice, except failure" - I like that :)

Butterfly said...

Congratulations!:)

We'll wait to hear about your driving experience in Dubai in details.