Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stevie Wonder in Abu Dhabi

Stevie Wonder performed at Yas Arena, Yas Island on Friday night and it was one of the best concerts I have attended. Since the radio station I work for was broadcasting live from the venue I was there from 3 p.m. onwards and had the good fortune of watching Stevie and his band practice on stage for almost two and a half hours before the gates opened.
And when he came on stage later in the night he performed to a crowd of more than 10,000 people. To say that he was fabulous would be an understement. He performed for almost three hours and sang some of his best tunes - Sir Duke, Signed sealed delivered - I'm yours, My cherie amour, I just called to say I love you, Do I do.... He was also very funny and had the crowds in splits often.
Stevie Wonder Shukran for coming to the U.A.E.



No comments: