Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Summer pinks?

If ‘winter blues’, the more common way of referring to Seasonal Affective Disorder happens in winter, when the sun is hardly up, surely summer should give rise to ‘summer pinks’ or Seasonal Heightened-State-of-Bliss disorder. And I guess some people in some parts of the globe do experience that as well but it is diificult for one based in Dubai.

I almost melted after my seven minute walk from the car park to office this morning. It was only 35 degrees then and the maximum temperature is expected to be a horrible 45 degrees! And after reaching office I realized that I had forgotten my deodorant home so I borrowed some from my cubicle-mate. The fact that he would have deodarants for men seemed irrelevant when one is melting in one's sweat but now here I am writing this post - smelling like a man!

It’s only July and things will get worse next month and in September. I took this picture on a lovely wintry evening (as wintry as it can get when you are based in Dubai anyway) earlier this year while walking to the car park from office. What a contrast to how things were this morning!


The RTA has warned us of more accidents in summer because tempers are flying and drivers are prone to road rage then. I believe the RTA intends to start counselling for people who've been in accidents this summer.

I hope summer goes by quickly till then I just have to make a superhuman effort to stay cool, especially when at the wheel!

No comments: