Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How long does it take to write a letter?

I had made a resolution way back in July this year to write a letter to my sister's in-laws who reside in Germany. Having met them when in Germany I thought it would be nice to stay in touch with them after my return to Dubai. Letters would be the best way to do it since they are not internet savvy. For somebody who used to write letters very regularly about twenty years ago this tiny task took on mammoth proportions. My letter writing got pushed to every 'next weekend' and here I am five months down the line without a written word. With Christmas round the corner I have decided to make amends by sending them a Christmas card. I have finally managed to type and print the letter and hope to make it to the post-office early tomorrow morning to post them.
How long does it take to write a letter and when did I get so lazy?
While on the subject of letters I caught Aparna Sen's new movie 'Iti Mrinalini' (The unfinished letter) It was part of the Dubai International Film Festival which is on these days. I liked it, though there are some disappointing errors in the use of props and costumes which are meant to be of the eighties. Konkona Sen Sharma is such a brilliant performer. I hope the movie wins the People's choice award.

No comments: