Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Bright-time or Night-time

Over the lunch table yesterday my colleague was telling me about her four-year old’s way of describing day and night. It’s so simple and uncomplicated - for her it’s either bright-time or night-time. That prompted me to pen down some other beautiful moments I have spent with children that have either left me spellbound or speechless.
Another friend’s three-year old daughter Neha, was showing me her storybooks and pointed to the picture of Billy Goat’s family – youngster, father and grandfather and said ‘That’s Appa Billy Goat, this is Amma Billy Goat and this is Neha Billy Goat’. How cute is that?
My little niece Aditi has always amazed us with her questions and comments. Once, she was irritating her mother with her continuous questions, and my sister grimaced, to which Aditi, then just three, asked ‘Mama why are you getting frustrated?’ And not too long ago their television set was not working and a very worried Aditi asked ‘Mama, is there a technical problem?’
And then there’s my three-year old nephew Mihir, who goes up to his mother and says ‘Mom, I have a terrific idea….’ When he was visiting us in Dubai he took to me instantly and was not so sure of my husband Aniket. So his way of addressing Aniket was ‘Kanchan Maama’ :)

2 comments:

Butterfly said...

This is a very sweet post. It reminds me of such things which I had said as a kid and which are still favourites with the elders.:-)

Kanchan said...

Hey...you must write about the things you said as a child :)